Tuesday, December 14th, 2021 – 7 p.m. CST. FREE Beta Reader Basics workshop. Join Jessica Conoley via Zoom as we cover everything you ever wanted to know about getting the most out of your Beta Readers. REGISTRATION REQUIRED.
You finished your draft! The story is done! It’s time to… let someone else read it. Sharing a manuscript for the first time can be daunting, but when you have the right Beta Readers sharing can be educational, encouraging, and exciting! In this workshop we’ll break down: what a Beta Reader is, how to find one, what they can do for you and your work, how to cultivate long-lasting, trustworthy relationships with your Betas, and more. Walk away with a blueprint on how your Beta Readers can help your writing shine.
Join us Tuesday December 14th at 7 p.m. CST via Zoom. We’ll email with you the Zoom logon when we receive your registration. (Add TheCreativesApp [at] gmail.com to your contacts and check your promotions and spam folders to ensure delivery.) We’re excited to spend the evening with you!
Did you know we run virtual co-working sessions three times a week? Think of them as a scheduled date-night with your creative work.
Co-working sessions run:
- Mondays 10 a.m. – noon CST
- Wednesdays 8 p.m. – 10 p.m. CST
- Fridays 10 a.m. – noon CST
To try one co-working session to see if it’s right for you, contact us and we’ll get you the logon info. We’d love to get to know about you and your creative projects as we work alongside you!
Are you following us on Twitter @TheCreativesApp ?
Great! Because we’re announcing a give-away soon!
January, 2022 – Group Apprenticeship Coaching begins! Do you want to build your support system, find accountability for your writing goals, and learn about the publishing industry? We’ve got you covered with:
- Mindset and business coaching from Jessica. Accountability & writing craft coaching from Natasha.
- Sixteen weekly lessons tailored to the needs of the class. Includes: deep dive into mindset and career clarity, foundations of building an author platform, book marketing basics, revisions with beta readers, querying, the agent/author relationship & more.
- Small group format to ensure you receive personalized feedback. (3-8 writers)
- Open coaching allows you to learn from what your fellow writers are going through.
- Access to 3 weekly co-working sessions to increase productivity & help you carve out writing time. (During your class and for the next 18 months after your class graduation date.)
- Access to all TCA On-demand courses released during your class and for the next 18 months after your class graduation date.
- Opportunity to present a full MS for feedback. Jessica and/or Natasha will beta read your manuscript and provide line edits on the opening ten pages. Each MS under review will get one full week’s discussion devoted entirely to the book.*
On your end:
- Every author agrees to beta read at least one full MS over the course of the session.
- Participation in a Weekly Zoom call. Recommend booking 2 hours, but calls normally last 1-1.5 hours. Recurring day of week & time will be set once we evaluate your class’s availability.
- A one time payment in full due on class start date, or 4 monthly payments beginning on the class start date.**
*You are not required to have or present a full MS for feedback to participate in class.
**If you do present a MS and want feedback from one of the coaches, the word count of your MS is calculated into your cost of class. Exact quotes for class cost will be determined once TCA has additional information about your personal needs for the session.